Direct marketing is a powerful method of advertising because it allows companies to target potential consumers with the specific goal of converting as many recipients as possible. Direct marketing can take many forms, including email, social media ads, and even phone calls; however, the term is most closely associated with the print mailers sent to our homes on a regular basis.
There’s a good reason why we still receive tangible promotions in an increasingly digital world. By utilizing proven direct mail strategies, including market segmentation and compelling calls-to-action, you greatly increase your chances of a positive return on investment. Follow this 10-step process to jump-start your direct marketing today!
1. Branding / Logo Creation
A logo is a graphical representation of your company and one of the most important aspects in building brand awareness with your customers. Whether you decide to design your own or utilize GotPrint’s logo design services, it’s important that the brand’s logo reflects the style and image it is trying to portray.
2. Corporate Identity
Corporate identity plays an important role in establishing brand credibility. This broad term encompasses the brand’s values, purpose, and design elements – everything that sets your business apart from the others. All of your company’s print and marketing assets, including business cards, letterheads, envelopes, and signage, should be created with its corporate identity in mind.
3. Marketing Consultation
Take advantage of GotPrint’s free, no-commitment marketing consultations. We help new and established businesses generate ideas on how to get more customers, improve existing promotions, and explore effective methods of marketing their products/services. Give us a call (877-922-7374 option 3) and let us know how we can help.
4. Direct Mail Postcards
Well-designed postcards are one of the best tools you can use to promote your company. They allow you to market your business to your intended customers efficiently and cost-effectively, plus it’s easy to track the results! At GotPrint, we can integrate design, printing, and mailing services, allowing you to take full advantage of our all-inclusive process and discounted postage rates.
5. Direct Mail Brochures
Brochures play a major role in the marketing process; an effective brochure can act as an excellent sales representative for your company! This versatile item informs customers about your company and can supply pertinent details about your services and/or products. GotPrint offers multiple size, paper and fold options for brochure printing – and we can design and mail them as well. Simply choose the format you prefer and we’ll take care of the rest. See our direct marketing page for additional information.
6. Flyers and Booklets
It’s important to invest in a variety of marketing efforts so potential customers become familiar with your company and immediately think of you when they need your services. Flyers, for example, are ideal for informational handouts. They can concisely convey your company’s information, event or services.
Of course, it’s not always easy to sum up your company’s offerings on a single page. Printing a monthly or seasonal catalog is a creative way to market your company’s products and services in an appealing manner. Attractive and well-designed booklets or catalogs can draw in a lot of potential buyers, which is why businesses of all sizes use them as part of their direct mailing strategies.
7. Personal Connections
Printed sales materials are an essential asset for healthy business growth. Personally connecting with customers where modern technology can’t is still an excellent marketing strategy. These products are frequently used by local and national companies to increase engagement (and revenue):
- Door hangers are designed to target residential customers and are a perfect substitute for the “door-to-door salesman.”
- Rack cards are displayed in racks at office reception desks, restaurants, hotels, and other highly-trafficked areas.
- Rip business cards come in the form of either a door hanger or rack card with a conveniently detachable business card.
- Greeting cards are scored and folded for readability on either side and can be set upright on any business counter.
8. Promotional Products
Raise brand awareness with promo merchandise that has been personalized with your company name and logo. Popular giveaway items include:
- Presentation folders can be used to keep relevant documents organized in one place. Utilize folders to insert business cards, flyers, and other marketing materials.
- Custom notepads solidify your company’s image and serve as practical gifts for your salespeople to distribute to interested parties.
- Branded mugs can be customized with logos, taglines, and images, so that your customers and clients are reminded of your company with every sip.
- Professional and sleek, personalized mouse pads will market your business right at their fingertips. There’s plenty of room to include photos, contact information, helpful tips, and more.
- Who doesn’t love a free T-shirt? Our custom t-shirts are available in several colors, styles, and sizes, plus you can print full-color designs on the front, back, or both.
9. Thoughtful Graphic Design
There are many considerations to take into account when designing your printed materials. Does the color palette match the brand’s image? Is the text easy to read? Do the photos clearly convey what it is you’re selling? For mailers, are you following USPS® regulations in regards to address placement/labeling?
If you need graphic design services, our in-house design team can help you get the job done. Simply add design services to your product as you are placing your order, and an expert designer will work with you to create an original design that makes a positive lasting impression. We take pride in our design work and we make sure that customers are satisfied with the entire experience and final product. For more information, please call 877-922-7374 option 3.
10. Professional Mailing Services
Direct marketing doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Take advantage of GotPrint’s affordable and convenient direct marketing packages to help ensure your next mailing campaign is a success! You’ll enjoy the benefits of our discounted mailing service rates, premium print options, and years of experience. To learn more, visit our Direct Marketing Services page or give us a call us at 877-922-7374 option 3.